Edison, NJ The 2019 Progressive® Insurance Saltwater Fishing Expo, the northeast’s premier saltwater fishing event, returns to the New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center on Friday, March 15 – Sunday, March 17. The annual event provides the ideal setting for stocking up on everything needed for the kickoff of saltwater angling season, featuring more than 230 exhibitors and sales on the newest boats, products, charters and outfitter bookings for saltwater fishing and travel. In addition, the Saltwater Fishing Expo hosts the area’s most comprehensive schedule of seminars on a variety of outdoor topics led by nationally recognized experts.
“We have an amazing show planned this year in Edison, and there’s no better place to stock up on gear and shop deals on hundreds of products ahead of the saltwater angling season,” said Tod Alberto, Show Manager. “With all of the incredible seminars, speakers and activities on the schedule for this year’s show, it’s the perfect place to prepare for a successful day on the water, whether you’re a seasoned pro or novice angler.”
Some of the biggest names in the industry on deck to provide instruction at this year’s event include Paul Hebert and Dave Carraro of National Geographic’s hit show Wicked Tuna, Capt. Al Ristori, Nick Honachefsky, Capt. Frank Crescitelli, Jim Freda and more. Seminars will cover a wide range of topics including surf casting, inshore fishing, offshore and canyon fishing, bait rigging, rod building and repair and travel charters.
2019 Saltwater Fishing Expo seminar speakers include:
- Paul Hebert – Captain of the “Wicked Pissah,” made famous on the show Wicked Tuna, Paul is a third-generation fisherman and is considered one of the most popular characters on the National Geographic show following tuna fisherman off the coast of Massachusetts.
- Dave Carraro – Wicked Tuna’s Capt. Dave Carrao brings 38 years of expertise fishing the east coast, Bahamas and Mexico with a specialty in tuna and cod.
- Nick Honachefsky – Previous IGFA All Tackle world record holder, best-selling author and television contributor, Nick calls the Jersey shore his home but avidly fishes the waters of Caribbean, Central America and Mexico.
- Al Ristori – A lifelong saltwater sportsman, Al is an editor for The Star-Ledger, Salt Water Sportsman and appeared on the fishing Line radio and TV shows. Al charters out of Highlands, NJ and specializes in striped bass and school tuna.
- Fishing 101 Interactive Center – Experts will be available throughout the show to provide one-on-one personalized insight and hands-on demonstrations geared to new anglers. Techniques being taught at the center are geared to both experienced anglers and those new to the sport looking to learn the basics.
- Cast Net Demonstrations: Television talent, Captain Frank Crescitelli of show The Fin Chasers, will be providing instruction on how to toss a cast net to catch bait.
Here’s a rundown of additional 2019 Saltwater Fishing Expo highlights:
- NEW! Rod’s Go Free – Friday, March 15: Kick off the exposition with a splash! Since it’s hard to go fishing without a “Rod,” anyone named Rod, or variations of, will receive free admission with a valid form of identification. Winning “Rods” are encouraged to use the hashtag #RodsFishFree to celebrate on social media.
- Family Day – Sunday, March 17: For children 11 and younger, the first 100 will receive a free rod and reel upon entry and all will receive completely free admission into the exposition. Once kids can participate in a scavenger hunt where a fully stamped checklist results in the opportunity to visit the Grand Prize Giveaway Booth.
- Fishing Simulator: Fun for anglers of all ages, show goers can spend the day rolling up their sleeves and trying their hand at an ultra-realistic, thrilling fishing simulator.
- Fight Captain Greg in the Great White Challenge - Stop by and see the fiberglass mount of the massive great white shark caught by Captain Greg Dubrule, which was landed after a 5 hour battle off the coast of Rhode Island. While there, try to out-muscle Captain Greg by strapping on a harness attached to fishing line and try to power across the finish line while he is strapped into the fighting chair with a rod and reel.
Tickets are on sale now at www.Sportshows.com/saltwater. For more information, check out the show online or visit the Facebook page @somersetSportshow, and explore the hashtag #SaltwaterFishingExpo.
About the Progressive® Insurance Saltwater Fishing Expo®
The Progressive Insurance Saltwater Fishing Expo is produced by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), the world’s largest producer of boat and sportshows and the leading association representing the recreational boating industry. NMMA member companies produce more than 80 percent of the boats, engines, trailers, accessories and gear used by boaters and anglers throughout the U.S. and Canada. The association is dedicated to industry growth through programs in public policy advocacy, market statistics and research, product quality assurance and promotion of the boating lifestyle. For more information, visit www.nmma.org. To learn more about Progressive Boat Insurance, which insures more than one million watercraft, please visit www.progressive.com/boat or contact Julie Kolencik at Julie_Kolencik@Progressive.com, (440) 395-2019.
Assistant Account Executive
BML Public Relations
25B Vreeland Road, Suite 215
Florham Park, NJ 07932