The Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) is seeking a Graphic Designer (Junior) to join its Marketing and Communications team. Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Director, this position supports the mission of CSF and is a creative thinker who can execute eye-catching products of varying length, size, and complexity using graphics, photographs, videos, fonts, and other design elements.
Since 1989 the Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation (CSF) has maintained a singleness of purpose that has guided the organization to become the most respected and trusted sportsmen's organization in the political arena. CSF's mission is to work with Congress, governors, and state legislatures to protect and advance hunting, angling, recreational shooting, and trapping. The unique and collective force of the Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus (CSC), the Governors Sportsmen's Caucus (GSC) and the National Assembly of Sportsmen's Caucuses (NASC), working closely with CSF, and with the support of major hunting, angling, recreational shooting, and trapping organizations, serves as an unprecedented network of pro-sportsmen elected officials that advance the interests of America's hunters and anglers.
The individual in this role will work within the Marketing and Communications Department to set the creative direction of the look and feel of all the Foundation’s print, online and digital materials while maintaining and upholding branding and logo guidelines. The successful candidate is a results-driven and detail-oriented, creative individual able to work autonomously and collaboratively. From designing websites to supporting public information campaigns, to creating infographics, this position will support a wide range of efforts including event collateral, ads, newsletters, and quarterly and annual reports. This is a mid-level, full-time, salaried position with a generous benefits package and room for advancement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create designs from concept to completion, including but not limited to, websites, landing pages, emails, digital advertising, social media, promotional materials, infographics, event invitations and event programs.
- Proactively pitches ideas to communicate concepts through visual design.
- Maintains brand tone & identity through designs.
- Work with print vendor for print production, estimates and timelines.
- Coordinate across departments to collect data, copy and assets needed to complete projects.
- Edit and proofread content for all marketing communications and collateral.
- Outstanding attention to detail and design.
- The ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment and to balance competing priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, visual arts, photography or related fields
- Work experience (5 years minimum) in an agency/studio environment
- Solid foundational graphic design skills
- Strong logo design work, and a deep understanding of branding
- Strong editorial/page layout, and the ability to handle large publication work
- Website design experience, focusing on front-end and practical user experience
- Ability to translate complex policy issues into easily understood graphics
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Varied portfolio that shows standout work
- Photography and/or photo-editing skills
- Supporter of hunting, angling, recreational shooting, trapping and professional wildlife management
Please send a cover letter, resume, college transcript, three references, and a sample of your portfolio by email to Kelli Altimus at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation
110 North Carolina Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20003