DARE COUNTY — Oregon Inlet Marinas, LLC, and the National Park Service have signed a 20-year lease agreement for the company to operate Oregon Inlet Marina, Cape Hatteras National Seashore announced Tuesday.
The lease is effective Dec. 31. Oregon Inlet Marinas, LLC, managed by Russell C. King, will provide for the maintenance and continued operation of Oregon Inlet Marina, also known as Oregon Inlet Fishing Center, for use as a charter boat marina.
Oregon Inlet Marinas, LLC was selected to negotiate a lease for Oregon Inlet Marina in accordance with the request for proposals, or RFP, issued June 7 and closed Sept. 5. The National Park Service received multiple proposals in response to the RFP, selecting Oregon Inlet Marinas, LLC as the best responsive proposal in accordance with the selection criteria published in the RFP.
According to the press release, the lessee will be authorized the use of the marina premises for the following purposes:
- Marina slip rentals only for charter fishing boats, or for-hire fishing vessels; headboats; tour boats; dive boats, collectively such boats and watercraft are referred to as “Commercial Watercraft”; and large commercial or governmental vessels such as dredges.
- The rental of non-motorized watercraft such as kayaks, canoes and sailboats, excluding personal watercraft.
- The sale by Lessee to the public of opportunities for activities on lessee-owned commercial watercraft.
- The sale of fishing and boating goods and services including: ice, bait, tackle, fishing and boating apparel, camping supplies, fish cleaning services, photography supplies and services, and fuel.
- Booking services for users of Commercial Watercraft.
- The sale of food and both non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages.
- The sale of other retail items not included above provided that the sale of such items is consistent with Park Area purposes.
- Special events associated with the use of the marina for charter fishing boats, such as fishing tournaments.
- Provision of a small children’s play area.
As Oregon Inlet Marina comes under new management, the National Park Service extended its gratitude to Oregon Inlet Fishing Center, LLC for its many years of providing charter fishing services on the Outer Banks.
“The Oregon Inlet Fishing Center and the talented captains docking at the marina have put Oregon Inlet on the map as one of the best offshore fishing destinations in the world,” said David Hallac, superintendent National Parks of Eastern North Carolina, in a statement.
See more like this at Coastal Review here: www.coastalreview.org.