Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation Seeking Development Manager
The Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF), located in Washington, DC is seeking a Development Manager to assist
with all aspects of non-profit fundraising.
Since 1989 the Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation has maintained a singleness of purpose that has guided the
organization to become the most respected and trusted sportsmen's organization in the political arena. CSF's mission is to work withCongress, governors, and state legislatures to protect and advance hunting, recreational fishing and shooting and trapping. The unique andcollective force of the Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus (CSC), the Governors Sportsmen's Caucus (GSC) and the National Assembly ofSportsmen's Caucuses (NASC), working closely with CSF, and with the support of major hunting, recreational fishing and shooting, andtrapping organizations, serves as an unprecedented network of pro- sportsmen elected officials that advance the agenda of America's hunters andanglers.
CSF, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, receives no government funding, and relies on support from partners and supporters in order to continue itsmission.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Relations, the Development Manager will contribute to fundraising efforts at the
Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation. The successful candidate will work to raise significant funds through corporate, foundation andindividual donors. Additionally, the Manager will be responsible for overseeing the solicitation, inventory and utilization of auction items andpromotional merchandise associated with the highly regarded CSF events and donor recognition programs. The successful candidate will work a traditional work schedule Monday – Friday, though evening and weekend hours will, at times, be required. This is a full-time salaried positionwith a generous benefits package and opportunity for advancement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support fundraising efforts, including donor solicitation, event support and promotional opportunities;
- Establish relationships with outdoor industry, conservation partners, non-endemic supporters and individuals willing tofinancially support the mission of CSF;
- Ensure timely renewals and responses to prospects and current donors, as well as oversee the donor database;
Research new funding opportunities and make initial contact to further outreach efforts;
- Manage CSF’s individual giving efforts, including member recruitment, renewals and recognition;
- Solicit auction items and merchandise, including the management of CSF’s firearms inventory and FFL preparations;
- Perform additional support tasks, as required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, marketing and/or sales;
- 3+ years of fundraising and/or marketing/sales experience;
- Able to build and maintain relationships to support the financial requirements of the organization;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a fast-paced, collaborative, team atmosphere;
- Able to establish priorities, work independently, and process objectives with minimal supervision;
- Strong supporter of hunting, angling, recreational shooting, trapping and professional wildlife management;
- Working knowledge of firearms and outdoor products;
- Willing to travel and work non-traditional hours, when needed, including evenings and weekends;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Kelli Altimus at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation, 110 North Carolina Ave, SE, Washington, DC 20003
Sara Leonard | Policy and Communications Manager | Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation
110 North Carolina Ave, SE | Washington, DC 20003
W: 202-543-6850 ex: 11 | C: 202-699-0120 | email@example.com