ALEXANDRIA, VA – The Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation today announced the results of a new research study completed by Kantar Millward Brown in partnership with Disney Advertising Sales, showing encouraging results for Take Me Fishing brand messaging. To increase fishing and boating participation, RBFF is working with the Walt Disney World® Resort and Disney Media Networks with media placements across various linear and digital properties and on-resort branding.
KEY REPORT FINDINGS:
- Engaging a diverse audience:
- Audience members of varying age, status, gender and ethnicity showed positive results
- Driving brand metrics:
- Increased awareness
- Increased brand favorability
- Increased intent to visit TakeMeFishing.org
- Driving brand attributes:
- Makes me want to try fishing and/or boating
- Makes fishing and/or boating look fun
- Makes learning to fish and/or boat look easy
- Makes me think fishing and/or boating is for someone like me
- Enhancing positive impressions:
- Great, fun way for families to spend time together
- Great way to get kids interested in the outdoors and learn about nature
- Breaking down barriers to entry:.
- Lowered perception of fishing being expensive
- Lowered perception that fishing and/or boating is too time consuming
- Engaging Creative:
- Each piece of creative tested outperformed Kantar Millward Brown norms in likeability, relevancy, believability and more.
“When we first began our strategic alliance with The Walt Disney Company, we knew that aligning with such a strong brand would raise awareness of our brand to new levels,” said Frank Peterson, RBFF President & CEO. “Disney’s audience is well-aligned with who we want to bring to the water for fishing and boating experiences and our shared corporate values make this a perfect pairing. This study further validates our original motivations for working with Disney and excites us for what’s to come.”
The Kantar Millward Brown study shows positive results from exposure to Take Me Fishing advertising on Disney-owned media platforms, including rises in Take Me Fishing key metrics such as brand awareness and intent to go fishing and/or boating. The impact of Take Me Fishing brand messaging is most impactful when the consumer encounters touchpoints across multiple platforms.
More information about the Take Me Fishing-Disney relationship can be found on the RBFF corporate site.
About the Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation (RBFF)
RBFF is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to increase participation in recreational angling and boating, thereby protecting and restoring the nation's aquatic natural resources. RBFF's recently announced 60 in 60 effort strives to attract 60 million anglers to the sport by the end of 2021. To help recruit, retain and reactivate participants, RBFF developed the award-winning Take Me Fishing™ and Vamos A Pescar™ campaigns creating awareness about boating, fishing and conservation, and educating people about the benefits of participation. These campaigns help boaters and anglers of all ages and experience levels learn, plan and equip for a day on the water. The campaign websites, TakeMeFishing.org and TakeMeFishing.org/es, feature how-to videos, information on how to get a fishing license and boat registration, and an interactive state-by-state map that allows visitors to find local boating and fishing spots.
About Kantar Millward Brown
Kantar is the world’s leading data, insight, and consultancy company. Working together across the whole spectrum of research and consulting disciplines, its specialist brands, employing 30,000 people, provide inspirational insights and business strategies for clients in 100 countries. Kantar is part of WPP and its services are employed by over half of the Fortune Top 500 companies. www.kantar.com.