Scientists with the Tennessee Aquarium Conservation Institute will be releasing 1,000 Lake Sturgeon Saturday in Kingston, TN.
- Aquarium biologists will start packing fish for transport at the Tennessee Aquarium Conservation Institute (Here in CHA) at 8am on Saturday, Sept 15
- They plan on arriving at the John Muir Fest in Kingston, TN by 11:30am and start releasing fish with the public shortly after Noon.
- Approximately 1,000 fish will be introduced into the Clinch River (above where the Clinch meets the TN River above Watts Bar).
- 2018 marks the 20th Anniversary of the “Saving the Sturgeon” program. During that time, the Tennessee Aquarium and its partners have raised and released more than 220,000 juveniles into the Tennessee and Cumberland Rivers.
The public is welcome at this event.
Thom Benson | Director of External Affairs
Tennessee Aquarium IMAX® 3D Theater
201 Chestnut Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402-1014
(423) 785-3007 • cell (423) 309-7674 • fax (423) 265-2871