Founded in 1939, The International Game Fish Association (IGFA) is a nonprofit organization committed to the conservation of game fish and the promotion of responsible, ethical angling practices through science, education, rule making, record keeping and recognition of outstanding accomplishments in the field of angling. The IGFA maintains world records in freshwater, saltwater, fly fishing and junior angler categories. The IGFA has members in more than 100 countries.
The IGFA Development Manager works closely with the Director of Development to oversee the fundraising activities of the IGFA including: donor recruitment and retention, fundraising events and direct mail campaigns. The position requires an outgoing personality and a proven track record of successful fundraising.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage IGFA development programs, including: project oversight, budgeting, analytics and reporting.
- Oversee the IGFA Direct Mail Campaign, including: fundraising appeals and email campaigns.
- Oversee IGFA events including: IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame Induction, IGFA International Auction, regional auctions and other IGFA events as assigned.
- Assist in developing action plans for prospects in annual giving and endowment gifts.
- Develop and implement the IGFA grant program.
- Assist DOD in the development and implementation of the annual plan and budget for the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, non-profit management, communications, marketing or related field.
- Experience in managing projects and staff.
- Minimum of five to seven years in fundraising with nonprofit organizations.
- Familiarity with direct marketing campaigns.
- Well-developed quantitative, written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative/work independently
- Proficiency with MS Office and database management (experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar platform preferred).
- Ability to work evenings and weekends; domestic travel required.
- Strong interest in IGFA mission and knowledge of fishing and aquatic environments preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
·Compensation based on experience and competitive with other nonprofits
·Simple IRA matching retirement plan
·Paid vacation and leave
·Great work environment and the opportunity to engage with the top fishing personalities and anglers on the planet.
Send resume, references and related work experience to:
International Game Fish Association
Eric Combast, Development Director
300 Gulf Stream Way
Dania Beach, FL 33004 or